Almond Crusted Shrimp Salad with Bubbles Vinaigrette
- 1 cup of bubbles
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chardonnay vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of bubbles to a boil in a small skillet or saucepan.
- Once it reduces to approximately 1/2 a cup, transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk vigorously until the mixture is blended, then set aside.
Almond Crusted Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp citrus peel (dried in spice aisle)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Dried cranberries
- Goat cheese
- Almond slices
- Granny Smith and Gala apple slices
- Radish (sliced thin)
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, all spices, and mince parsley. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs till blended.
- Rinse off the shrimp under cold water then blot dry.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet. While it's heating, dredge shrimp in egg wash, then almond mix and set aside.
- Once oil is hot, add first round of shrimp to the pan. Let them cook for 2 minutes per side, taking care not to burn.
- Once all shrimp are golden brown to amber, remove from oil and let them drain on a paper towel.
- Lightly toss your Bubbles Vinaigrette with salad ingredients and top with shrimp and goat cheese. Enjoy!