Franz Schweinebraten (German Pork Roast)
“The Franz Schweinebraten combines deep Franz Oktoberfest flavors and a robust spice rub on the pork, with sweet and tangy apple and cranberry sauerkraut along with Dusseldorf mustard. The classic German flavors and Rhinegeist Franz create a great small bite plate for any Oktoberfest celebration!”- Local Executive Chef Christian Gill @foodbrushninja
- 2 packs of your favorite slider buns (pretzel is the best)
- 1/2 cup of Dusseldorf Mustard
- 5lb pork loin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 cans of Franz
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Take a knife or fork and make small holes in the pork loin.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl and rub down the pork loin.
- In a medium-sized roasting pan add the rubbed pork loin and slowly pour one can of Franz on the meat.
- Place in oven for 1/2 hour.
- Take out, cover and put back in oven for one hour.
- Once the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees it is done!
- Let it rest for ten minutes then slice thin.
- Spread Dusseldorf mustard on pretzel slider and top with Sauerkraut. Devour.
If you don't make your own sauerkraut that's okay — just grab your 2 cups of your favorite sauerkraut, give it a quick cold water rinse, add one grated apple, and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries. A quick toss and top your Schweinebraten sliders with deliciousness!
Thanks for tuning in and we hope to see you Saturday the 19th at Franztoberfest.
Want to get more Rhinegeist updates? Sign up for our newsletter here.