Mosaic-Braised Chicken Thighs with Olives & Capers
Justin Uchtman is the executive Chef at Sartre OTR. He's a good friend of Rhinegeist, a big fan of obscure live Cypress Hill bootlegs, and loves cooking with beer.
2 x ea. Chicken Leg + Thigh
2 cans Mosaic
2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 qt. Chicken stock or broth (no sodium)
1 Cup Castlevetrano Olives, pitted and sliced
¼ Cup nonpareil Capers
1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 ea. Yellow onion, julienned
4 ea. Garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 pinch Chili Flake
2-3 sprig thyme
- Cover chicken in Mosaic. Marinade for 4 hrs. Discard liquid.
- Pat chicken dry. In a medium to large stock pot, heat oil and sear legs/thighs until golden brown. Remove.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and chili flake. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken legs/thighs to pot and cover with stock and Mosaic.
- Cook on a low simmer for one hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Reduce liquid by ⅓.
- To finish, add mustard, capers and olives to liquid to create a sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.