Summer Salmon Ceviche with Peach Dodo
Justin Uchtman is the executive Chef at Sartre OTR. He's a good friend of Rhinegeist, a big fan of obscure live Cypress Hill bootlegs, waits in line at the peach truck just like the rest of us, and loves cooking with beer.
Summer is in full swing, which means outdoor grill outs, languid poolside days, fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden, and PEACH DODO. In honor of the season, Chef Justin Uchtman from Sartre OTR has put together this super-fresh and summery salmon-centered mélange featuring our supremely sessionable, food-friendly, warm weather Gose. Ceviche is a great summertime party appetizer, lunch for two, or post-dip midday snack, and the addition of Peach Dodo and fresh peaches takes it to the next level. Outside of the core lineup of all-stars in this dish (Salmon, Peaches, and Dodo), many of the ingredients can be substituted—just pick your favorite fresh summer veggies, fruits, and herbs, play around, and enjoy!
1 ea 4-6 oz fresh Salmon filet, skin removed
2 whole peaches
1 oz salmon roe
1 whole lime
1 ea ear of corn
6-8 ea gooseberries
Cilantro (to taste)
1 tsp honey
Salt (to taste)
1 can Peach Dodo
- Trim salmon and dice into small (about ½ inch) cubes. Place in mixing bowl and lightly salt.
- Squeeze juice of lime over salmon and toss lightly.
- Remove peach pits and dice into small (about ½ inch) cubes. Set aside
- Remove seeds and dice cucumber into small (about ½ inch) cubes. Set aside.
- Char corn on grill or cast-iron skillet, then remove from cobb. Set aside.
- Slice gooseberries in half. Set aside.
- Slice radishes into quarter sections. Set aside.
- Finely chop cilantro. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine salmon with peaches, cucumbers, corn, gooseberries, radishes, cilantro, honey, and ½ can of Peach Dodo, Mix ingredients to coat. Let the ingredients marinade for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish sparingly with gentle spoonfuls of salmon roe and micro greens. Enjoy!