Holiday Dad Muffins
"These apple cinnamon muffins made with a splash of Rhinegeist Dad are sure to turn any Scrooge into a smiling reindeer, or at the very least, tide them over until dinner is ready!" — Chef Christian Gill @foodbrushninja
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Dash of all spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can of Rhinegeist Dad
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups of diced apples, Granny Smith are preferred
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk spices, vanilla, sugar, oil, egg and yogurt.
- Splash in 1/3 Rhinegeist Dad.
- Drink the rest.
- Add the dry ingredients and diced apples. Stir until mostly blended do not over stir.
- Scoop into sprayed or greased muffin pan. Only fill each spot halfway.
- Place into the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees in order for muffins to rise Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and pop out of pan.
- Let them cool on rack or towel then give to all relatives.