Spiced Dad Glaze
“For those of you who love hops, this is for you and yours. Spiced Dad Glaze can be used in multiple recipes. From our Dad Spiced Ham to a Harvest Hash, we are gearing up for a cozy holiday!” – Chef Christian Gill
- 1 can of Rhinegeist Dad
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom
- A dash of ground clove
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch blended with 2 teaspoons of cold water in a separate bowl
- In a small saucepan, combine Rhinegeist Dad, honey and spices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes. This will give the mixture time to blend while reducing slightly.
- Bring back to a boil and incorporate cornstarch and water. Whisk quickly as glaze will thicken.
- Turn off heat and let the glaze rest for 10 minutes.
- Now you are ready to Dad-spice everything!
For more Rhinegeist Recipe recommendations from Chef Christian Gill, like a Spiced Dad Ham or a Harvest Hash, check out the extra recipes below:
Dad Spiced Ham
- 9-15 pound spiral cut ham
- Large baking pan or roasting pan for ham
- 1 cup of Spiced Dad Glaze
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 275 Fahrenheit
- Place ham in roasting pan and evenly distribute cloves in ham.
- Rub ham down in brown sugar, making sure to coat entire ham. If you need more brown sugar go for it but not too much!
- Brush half of Spiced Dad Glaze over the top and sides of the ham, making sure to let some of the glaze fall into the slices or creases.
- Cover with foil and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- Once timer goes off increase oven heat to 375 and remove ham from oven.
- Slather the rest of the glaze on the ham and place back in 375 degrees oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Ham should be slightly slick and smell like happiness. It’ll have a hoppy flavor accompanied by the smoky sweet profile of brown sugar and clove. This ham is for hop lovers!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium oriental sweet potato
- 6-8 small purple potatoes
- 3 small to medium golden beets
- 1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 small shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup of Spiced Dad Glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for casserole dish
- 1 large casserole dish or dutch oven
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Wash all your vegetables thoroughly.
- In a medium sauce pan add the golden beets and bring pan to a boil. Let the beets boil for 15 minutes.
- While beets are cooking, peel the two types of sweet potatoes then dice them into 1 inch chunks.
- Slice your purple potatoes into quarters and julienne shallots.
- Rinse beets under cold water until you can safely peel and dice into chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl toss all of your ingredients in Spiced Dad Glaze, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat casserole dish or dutch oven in a small amount of olive oil then evenly spread hash mixture into the dish.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes, then uncovered for 25 minutes. Top of hash should brown lightly.
- Serve with your favorite green vegetable and Dad Spiced Ham!