Peach Dodo Cobbler & Crisp
Peach Dodo Cobbler & Crisp
"Summer is here, why not enjoy a new take on a classic southern favorite? Peach Dodo Cobbler & Crisp is a great fusion of Rhinegeist Peach Dodo and fresh peaches. A refreshingly tart dessert for a sweet evening with friends and family!"-Chef Christian Gill
- 1/3 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups of crushed Biscoff cookies (or graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 splash of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cans of Peach Dodo
- 5-8 large ripe peaches, sliced thin with the pit removed
- In a large container with lid, combine your sliced peaches and enough Peach Dodo to cover them and refrigerate. Let the peaches marinate for approximately 3 hours (I let mine go for 24 hours!) — drink the rest of the Peach Dodo not used in the marinade.
- After 3 hours, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the marinated peaches and their marinade with 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and splash of apple cider vinegar in medium stock pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Peaches will reduce on their own so don't worry about too much liquid!
- Boil until liquid is reduced by half then incorporate 2 teaspoons of corn starch quickly stirring to blend.
- Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine 1 and 1/2 cups of crushed Biscoff cookie with 3 tablespoons of melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a medium glass casserole dish, pack the bottom of the pan with the Biscoff mixture to create a crust. Make sure it is evenly spread along the bottom.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes to set the crust.
- Once done, take out and let cool while you finish the crumble* on the top and the filling.
*For the Crumble:
- Combine the rest of the crushed Biscoff cookies, flour, brown sugar, and powdered ginger. Mix well. Then using a pastry cutter (or two butter knives), cut in the cold butter until small crumbles form.
- Add your reduced Peach Dodo mixture into the crust lined casserole dish.
- Cover with crumble mix and pat gently to set.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes or until bubbly and crumble on top is solid.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a cold crisp can of Peach Dodo.
For a tart alternative to the Peach Dodo Crisp, take the Peach Dodo filling you made and place inside a standard pie crust, cover with a thin layer of pastry dough (you can use frozen or your own favorite recipe) then bake for 20-25 minutes, and boom — Dodo Cobbler!